Before buying any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you research the coin or token you are considering buying. With cryptocurrency market cap rankings, price charts, 24-hour trading volume, and many other features, CoinMarketCap is one of the most popular resources for digital currency enthusiasts.
However, the apparent over-reliance of cryptocurrency buyers on one platform can have its drawbacks, which occurred in particular in early 2018 when CoinMarketCap's decision to delist data from South Koreacontributed to a price drop.
The good news is that there are plenty of other cryptocurrency comparison sites out there, so keep reading our guide to the 10 best CoinMarketCap alternatives.
Disclaimer:This page is not financial advice or an endorsement of digital assets, vendors or services. Digital assets are volatile and risky, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. Possible regulations or policies may affect its availability and the services provided. Talk to a financial professional before making a decision. The searcher or author may own the cryptocurrency discussed on this page.
CoinGeckois a cryptocurrency rating site that rates the world's top digital currencies on a variety of key criteria. Coins receive ratings based on factors such as developer activity, community, liquidity, market capitalization, and public interest, and it's something that helps CoinGecko stand out from the crowd.
You can also access a wide range of other key cryptocurrency metrics, including everything from price movements to charts. This information is then used to formulate an overall rating out of 100.
It's an interesting and useful way for cryptocurrency enthusiasts to find out more about the coins and tokens they might be considering buying, including information on market caps and liquidity, which makes CoinGecko worth a look if you're interested. looking for an alternative to CoinMarketCap.
- View cryptocurrency prices across a wide range of fiat currencies.
- Easy access to essential currency information.
- Coins valued based on development activity, community support, and public interest.
- It provides details of upcoming ICOs.
- Calendar of crypto events.
- Some other options have slightly better user interfaces.
- While your ratings provide a useful starting point when researching cryptocurrency, they should never be the only resource you base your decisions on.
2. Live Coin Clock
If you're looking for a crypto tracking site that offers a clean user interface and loads of essential crypto data, then you might want to addlive coin watchto your favourites. Launched in 2017, the site allows you to track price movements, trading volumes, supply of coins in circulation, market capitalization, and more for over 2,000 coins.
The nicest feature of Live Coin Watch is its design.—Not only is it easy on the eyes, but all the information you need is presented in a logical and straightforward manner. There are portfolio and watchlist options, you can track price movements in various fiat currencies, and you have the option to choose how often you want the website data to be updated.
And since cryptocurrency prices in South Korean markets are typically much higher than in the rest of the world, there is even the option to exclude Korean markets from your data.
- friendly interface.
- Wide range of search filters.
- It allows you to set up your own portfolio and watch list.
- View prices in BTC, ETH, and over 30 fiat currencies (including USD).
- Relatively new platform.
CoinCodexCollects real-time coin prices, charts, and cryptocurrency market cap information for 2,400+ coins on 110+ exchanges. Currencies are listed in order of market capitalization and clicking on any currency allows you to see its price chart, 24-hour trading volume and latest price in onerange of exchanges. You can also access a quick summary of the coin's features, the latest news related to that coin, and a selection of how-to guides and tutorials.
Another useful feature is CoinCodex's calendar of active and upcoming ICOs, which allows you to look up key details of new crypto projects and potentially get in on the ground floor.
- Easy to use.
- It allows you to track more than 2,400 currencies.
- ICO calendar.
- Placing annoying ads on the home page.
- It is not as pleasing to the eye as other options.
While some sites on this list only offer the basics,OnChainFXtakes a much more comprehensive approach to cryptographic data. All the usual stuff is there, including price movements and 24-hour trading volumes, but it's the extra details that help set OnChainFX apart.
For example, if you wantlearn more about bitcoin, you can use OnChainFX to find the percentage of the total BTC supply issued, its implied market capitalization in the year 2050, return-on-investment (ROI) figures ranging from one-week to five-year maturities, and details about the BTC future issuance fee. You can even see how much it would cost you to become a member of the "Vladimir Club", which refers to owning 1% or more of the total bitcoin supply.
Unfortunately, all of this information can be a bit overwhelming for crypto newbies, and the site currently only offers data for just over 100 coins.
- It offers a wide range of information about currencies.
- Displays the supply percentage of issued coins.
- Shows ROI numbers.
- The amount of information displayed is a bit overwhelming at first glance.
- Not suitable for beginners.
- No API or mobile app yet.
- At the time of writing this article (August 2018), it only lists 107 coins.
5. Coin Review
Founded in 2017,CoinCheckupIt was created with the aim of providing greater transparency to the cryptocurrency markets. To that end, it not only provides basic coin tracking information such as price charts and trading volumes, but also in-depth analysis and forecasts to give users detailed information about the coins they are considering buying.
Each coin is ranked on a wide range of factors, including the strength of your team, the product you offer, the awareness of the community, the team's responsiveness to questions, and the level of active development. Each coin's algorithm is also rated out of five, and the CoinCheckup team has published a detailed description of their coin scoring formula on their website.
It's a useful resource for anyone researching crypto projects before buying, but the sheer amount of information provided can be a bit overwhelming at first.
- Data for more than 1,700 currencies.
- It provides detailed forex analysis and predictions.
- Easy access to all the information you need.
- The ads can be annoying.
- Make sure you understand how coins are valued before considering the reviews provided.
- The amount of information provided can be a bit overwhelming for crypto novices.
A cryptocurrency portfolio and price tracker,CoinlibGenericNameprovides easy access to key data and statistics on 4,680 digital currencies. Whether you want to find a coin's price, market capitalization, trading volume, or supply, you can quickly find all the details you need on Coinlib.
There are breakdowns of trading volumes across exchanges and across different currency pairs, while other features include a portfolio tool, market news, price alerts, and a cryptocurrency converter.
It's a handy, well-organized site that's well worth checking out.
- Access important data in more than 4,600 currencies.
- iOS and Android apps available.
- Simple and easy to use.
- It shows ROI numbers and technical analysis information.
- Some other platforms on this list are a bit more suitable for beginners.
BitInfoChartsprovides access to a wealth of key facts and figures for a variety of leading cryptocurrencies. If you want to find the number of transactions of a coin in the last 24 hours, the amount sent in the last 24 hours, the average transaction amount, the average transaction fee, the difficulty of withdrawal and much more, this is worth visiting. place . Other essential details such as prices, price charts, market capitalization, and coin supply are also included.
However, the layout of the site is quite confusing, and the sheer amount of data thrown at it can be a bit overwhelming. If you are new to crypto, other sites may offer crypto information in a more digestible format.
- Lots of useful information.
- Quick access to key statistics for the main currencies.
- The layout is confusing and overwhelming.
- It's not a pretty place.
- Lists only a limited number of coins.
Coinratecapis another site focused on providing essential crypto information in an easy to read format. It offers real-time prices, market caps, 24-hour trading volumes, and more for over 2,000 currencies, while also allowing you to view cryptocurrency prices across a wide range of fiat currencies.
The website itself is quite easy to use and you won't have any trouble navigating it. However, if you want detailed coin information and analysis, you'll need to look elsewhere.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Data on more than 2,000 currencies.
- Track cryptocurrency prices in over 100 fiat currencies.
- It does not provide the same level of detail as other platforms.
Released in 2015,CoinCapaims to provide quick and easy access to real-time cryptocurrency market data. While the site's home page seems a bit busy, it allows you to view coin market values, volume-weighted average prices, current prices, available supply, and more. Click on any coin to take a closer look at its historical price chart.
Perhaps the best thing about CoinCap is that it offers apps for both iOS and Android devices, allowing you to monitor the cryptocurrency markets whenever and wherever it's convenient for you.
- See prices in BTC, ETH and 18 fiat currencies.
- iOS and Android apps available.
- CoinCap API available.
- It's not the prettiest user interface out there.
- It does not offer the same level of features as other platforms.
10. Comparison of cryptocurrencies
Founded in 2014,CryptoCompareoffers live prices, charts, and market analysis from 65 cryptocurrency exchanges. You'll find over 1,000 coins listed on the site, and while the layout may not be the most user-friendly layout, it's still relatively simple to use and find the information you need.
Other CryptoCompare features include reviews and how-to guides, a user forum, a portfolio tool, and information on upcoming and active ICOs. If you are looking for an alternative to CoinMarketCap, this is another site worth considering.
- Easy access to useful currency information.
- View trading volume by currency and by exchange.
- Founded in 2014.
- Other sites have slightly better designs.
Compare the features of a variety of CoinMarketCap alternatives to see how they stack up against the original, as well as each other. It will help you find the cryptocurrency comparison and price monitoring platform that offers everything you need.go back up
Disclaimer:Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex, and carry significant risk: they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Please consider your own circumstances and obtain your own advice before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and any relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the websites of the relevant regulators before making a decision. The finder, or the author, may have interests in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
Disclosure: At the time of writing, the author owns ADA, ICX, IOTA, and XLM.